Sunday 27 March 2011

I've found that some of my most successful pieces came about due to accidents. For example the feathers dipped in ink and wax. I originally tried finger knitting usinf the feathers as a substitute for fingers to try and connect them in a type of spine (like a matchstick one I did) but once I pulled the strings, all the feathers gathered in a bundle. I had some paint ink open on my desk so I just played around, then dipped it in wax and it turned out really effective. Morbid but intriuging at the same time (much like the chicken feet). The shape of the feathers almost resemble a claw or bird foot too. I decided to make this on a larger scale, so I did, although even though I used about 10 bags of feathers, it wasn't as big as I hoped for. If I had more time (and money) I would have liked to have created one on an even bigger scale although carrying it into college would have proven even more difficult...

No comments:

Post a Comment