Tuesday 22 March 2011

Bone Collecting



After collecting a range of bones of all different sizes, I experiemented with them seen as this was the first time I had used them as a material in this project. I tried to emboss the shape of the bones into a piece of leather using the iron which turned out unsuccessful as the bones were not strong enough to make a big impact (shape-wise) onto the leather. Also it was really awkward trying to get an even amount of heat as the surface was bumpy. Some of the bones I combined with the finger-knitting I had done, sticking the mini-knit onto the bone to create a spine and stuffing a thicker-knit into a lamb bone and having it pour out. After I showed these at the crit a while back, I was recommended to make the smaller bones more precious, almost jewellery-like.

No comments:

Post a Comment