Saturday 25 September 2010

Viscom

I thought Visual Communications would be...well, to be honest, I didn't have a clue what it would be like but I didn't think that I would enjoy it as much as i did.
Firstly we got given a word each which we had to use to draw ideas etc, then we got partnered up and had to connect our words together.
My word was cake, my partner's word was bag.
we then explored many ideas including black bin liners and cake + bag = bake
After lots of thinking and drawing and painting, we realised we had about half an hour left, so we ran to the cafeteria, bought some delicious cakes - a muffin and a donut, we then reluctantly cut up the muffin and covered it in paint then ran up to the library and got photocopied the cakes (don't worry, we left them in the plastic bags!).
These were our final pieces, they came out pretty cool I think, even though they're quite simple. One thing i keep learning in Chelsea is to not over think and over complicate things - which i can often do a little too much.

'Go Slowly'


I really liked our 'images' project, mainly because I like looking through old photographs and magazines and tracing images and scanning/changing/destroying them. My piece was about identity. I could explain every part of it, but I won't.
It was great seeing everyone's work though, they were all amazing, you can see some of the other's work on Hana's blog, as well as her own which is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment